Sunday, May 5, 2013

goodbye orchestra.

Valley Youth Orchestra. I started in about 2003. and today, about 10 years later, and about 14 semesters of actually being in the orchestra (I took quite a few breaks), I said goodbye to VYO for good. Most things I say are bittersweet, but this isn't one of them. It's just sad. And I didn't even realize how sad it was until today...

I told myself I was going to just move on, but then I remember the tons and tons of wonderful memories that orchestra has brought!



this is kelly, my best friend in the entire world. We've been best friends for years and years. aka, about 6th grade. However, we were friends before that. Why? Because we met in VYO. We started riding together to practice on Saturday, and eventually we became really really close, and then came middle school where we were just... weird little 12 year olds, then high school where I realized how blessed I am to have these friends (:

I can't even tell you how thankful I am for that. Kelly means the world to me, I can't imagine how I would have gotten through middle and high school without her. and it's all because we became friends through orchestra!



The Seniors!

I can't even explain how much fun I've had in orchestra the last several years (especially the past couple semesters). We were complete strangers at one point, and now we have sooo many fun memories, not to mention our thousands of inside jokes... I'll miss "stealing" (cough cough, nice adults sneaking us) bread sticks from the kitchens at dinner theater (;

There was a slideshow with pictures of us from when we first started violin to present (I cried... a lot).


And there you have it! An awesome, fantastic, wonderful orchestra experience. yep... I'll definitely miss it.

Sincerely,
Erica Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment