Sunday, March 24, 2013

no-bake cookies.

sooo... I was thinking during church about Zach, and how I really miss his no-bake cookies (the only food he would make, that is) so I decided to come home and make them! First, let me tell you, I've tasted a lot of no-bake cookies in my day, and nothing beats the ones that Zach would make. Well, enough bragging about my brother's limited baking skills, I'm here to share the best recipe for no-bake cookies ever!

It's from an old (I mean OLD) ward cookbook!

No-Bake Cookies
2 c. sugar
2 T. cocoa
1 cube margarine
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut better
3 c. quick oats

Pretty simple huh?


1. gather all of your ingredients and tools:



On top of the ingredients themselves, you'll also need measuring cups and spoons, stirring utensils, and a large pot.

2. Lay out your wax paper
(do it now, because when the cookies are done, they dry pretty quickly and you don't want to be stuck still trying to get out wax paper)


3. Measure out all your ingredients (but don't add them together)

 4. Add your sugar, cocoa, margarine and milk into the pot. turn the heat of a setting somewhere between medium and high (on my stove it was at 7). bring this to a hard boil for 90 seconds... NO LONGER. I stirred it occasionally.


after the 90 seconds, it should be a very very dark brown liquid. (I forgot to take a picture of this step)

5. Take off heat. Add vanilla. Give it a quick stir. Then add peanut butter and quick oats. Stir until it looks something like this:


6. Using a spoon, drop mixture onto the wax paper... you can do any size you want! you can also use cookie cutters, but remember that you have to wait until the cookies are cool to take off the cutters. Also, don't forget that this mixture will harden pretty quickly... don't leave it sitting on the counter in the pot while you go watch TV!

I used a BYU cookie cutter for one cookie, and a USA cookie cutter for another... other than that, I just used a spoon to drop the cookies on the wax paper!


7. Let cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!

*the whole process took about 20 minutes, and made about 26 cookies (amount of cookies would vary by how big you make them, however!)

These cookies just reminded me of Zach... not to mention that they were delicious!!

Sincerely,
Erica Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment