Monday, December 31, 2012

snowy car accident. (sorta).

don't get me wrong, i love SNOW, i just hate it on the ROADS. seriously. like this sorta a scene:


...is beautiful. however. when snow gets on the road... it gets scary.

story of the day:

i wake up (it's snowing again), hang around my house, then think "hmmm, i should go get my hair cut."

so, i head out. driving. in my little grandma blue car. with front wheel drive. and i go the back way (i don't know why i didn't stick to the main roads... that was a dumb mistake on my part). and i'm driving down Woodgate. and i think, "man, i'm glad i've never been in a bad accident" and i think to myself "am i going too fast?" and i'm like "nahh, i'm going like ten miles under the speed limit. i'm totally fine." and i keep driving for a while. and i almost get to the round-a-bout...

and i hit ice (or something that makes me no longer in control of the car)

and i start weaving all over the road. and i can't do anything. and if they had been a car coming the other way in the other lane... i would have hit them head on. and i just sorta thought i was gonna die. and finally i went off the road... (thankfully it was the side with a ton of snow and not the side with a fence and bushes and stuff) and i got stuck. and the car that was behind me? that saw this all happen? just kept driving. it was sooo scary i tell you. i thought i was gonna flip over.

and so i called my dad. and he and jayson came and pushed me out. and i learned my lesson.

never under any circumstance will i drive on an un-plowed road driving over 15 mph. (you think i'm joking? i'm not.) and never, under any circumstance will i ever drive on a back road when there's snow, ever. the end.

and that. that was the lesson i learned today. oh, and i have three inches less hair(: and it's all healthy and stuff too!

sincerely,
erica michelle

14 comments:

  1. that is pretty scary! but i am so glad that you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was sooo scary, but not too bad happened, thankfully! thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Yikes, scary story!
    Newest follower here! I found you on the blog hop, I can't wait to read more!
    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i absolutely adore your blog!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, thank God you're alright!! How scary. I don't know how I'd handle it. I would probably have peed myself to be honest!! The snow is so beautiful but so deadly!!

    I hope you're having a great week and a Happy New Year!

    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I'm following you.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!)

    Come and link up and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! hope you are having a great new year as well... and i just linked up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! Yeahh...snow is not my friend when I'm in a car. I'm in New York and out of nowhere we will get socked with a couple inches in minutes. I got stranded recently because I couldn't get up my hill to my house, so I had to go to a supermarket and stay there.

    BE CAREFUL!!!!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness! i'm glad you were at least close to a super market!!

      Delete
  6. Hi there - new follower from the blog hop! Love your blog and can't wait to read more! Hope you have a great day! :)
    Rachel
    http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the worst!! My husband got me a big denali for the fact that he thinks i'll be safer driving to work when we get snow. So far so good...then again we haven't had much snow. Drive safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i plan on driving much safer! thank you!

      Delete
  8. It was sad to hear that the car behind you pretty much ignored what your car was going through that unfortunate day. Where's compassion there? These days, it's really important to know and be able to apply survival methods on your own because in the middle of an accident, you can't depend on anyone else more than on yourself. I’m glad nothing worse happened.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s good to know that nothing bad happened to you! You really have to be careful while driving, especially when it's snowing. The road can be very slippery, and it’s hard to stop if you're going too fast for the brakes to compensate. Drive safely!

    Ann Taylor @ Hofmann Law Office

    ReplyDelete