Friday, January 2, 2015

Utah & New Mexico.

My flight home from London was an adventure. Let's first remember I no longer have a cell phone and I was tired and had spent the first good chunk of the day crying {it sounds like I cry a lot... I really don't. just when I'm forced to leave the most beautiful city in the world} My flight from Chicago to Denver was super delayed so I missed the connecting flight to Montrose. My parents and I were planning to leave the next morning to drive to Salt Lake but the little guy at the counter was bound and determined that I couldn't do anything but get on the next flight for Montrose {which, by the way, wasn't until 11:30 am the next day}.

So at this point I haven't eaten real food for 32 hours, I've been awake for 23 hours straight, and I'm frantically trying to figure out what to do by iMessaging my dad since I don't have any American coins to pay for a payphone and, well... it definitely wasn't a high point in my life. But the good news is that the angry man sent me to the United help desk and that lady was my favorite human being in the world. She took pity on me and as soon as the airport was paging me on behalf of my parents, she told me "hun, I'm not letting your daddy's little girl spend the night in the airport! We're getting you home!" {United is my favorite airline now btw} And so I flew straight to Salt Lake where Danielle picked me up and I got to sleep in and it was lovely. {and my luggage didn't make it but at least I had a bed so it was worth it}

My mom and I spent Friday afternoon mission shopping {small town CO girls don't have the luxury of lots of mission appropriate clothing stores... so we had to get all the shopping done in 4 hours} then Friday night I went through the temple! I've always loved the Oquirrh Mountain temple and it was so special having my parents, Danielle and Jayson, and Zach there!

and if you can't tell, it was super, super windy and freezing cold^^
And Saturday we went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert! This concert is seriously one of my favorite nights of the entire year and I can't imagine Christmas without going. Well, Cady drove up and went with us! I LOVED seeing her for the first time since July! I missed her. And 2016//2017 when Cady, Kayla, and I are reunited is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. And I'm pretty excited for it.



Then we finally made it home!...for two whole days. And we were off to Albuquerque for my cousin's wedding. AND I GOT TO GO TO THE SEALING. guys, someday I'm getting married in the temple and I am so stoked. Plus all my mom's brothers and sisters were there and quite a few cousins. It was so fun to see everyone before I leave!


After the wedding we drove to the valley for the reception and my mom thought Zach and I were crazy for laughing when we were driving through the snow. The exact quote was actually "how can you be like this when we're staring death in the eye!?" ...needless to say, we just laughed harder. and the good news is that we survived so it's all good.

and we also saw lots of big horned sheep...^^ 
and I'm convinced these kids know more about technology than me......

No comments:

Post a Comment